Monday, April 26, 2010

Final Blog Assignment

When I entered edm310 I thought I was technology literate until I was assigned to do so many things and had not clue on how to do them until I was given instructions. The projects I was assigned to do were very easy and if given directions a first grader could do them. I learned so much in this class and I am very thankful this class is offered and required with my major. If I had not taken this class I would not have been an effective teacher for my students. The best thing I learned in edm 310 would have to be blogging. I really enjoy conversing with people all over the world and sharing my thoughts and opinions with them. I would recommend blogging as an assignment for students starting in elementary school because it will improve their education being able to learn and teach world wide. I also really enjoyed skype. I knew how to use skype before I entered the class but had no idea it would be useful for me at school. The fun part about it is being able to talk to someone and see them at the same time. I did not enjoy itunes very much because I am not an audio learner. I am tactile and visual when it comes to teaching me something but I do enjoy teaching others through audio. Google Earth was also very fun. I had experience with Google earth before I entered this class so I was not totally lost when I was assigned a project with it. Comments for kids was very interesting and fun because I really enjoyed reading the students post and commenting on them. Comments for teachers was very educational to me because I got ideas from the teachers I was assigned to on how to setup my classroom and handle certain situations with my students. I really did not like comment for students because just about every student I was assigned to was not up to date on their assignments. Before I enrolled in this class I did not have a PLN but now I am building one which is becoming very helpful to me being a college student. I learned many different new things in edm310 and overall I really enjoyed the class. I think the class was very self explanatory and I was given adequate amount of information to successfully complete this class.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your honest reflection Carlecia. I think what you had to say about itunes makes the point of why we teach so many different things in EDM310. People are all so different and as teachers we need to be prepared with necessary options so we can address the learning needs of all students. SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The projects I was assigned to do were very easy and if given directions a first grader could do them." Some of your classmates would strongly disagree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go luck to you and do keep up your PLN!

    ReplyDelete