Thursday, February 4, 2010

comment4kids

Mrs. Goerend's is preparing her students to become professional writers. She is also giving them the opportunity to experience a global view of their work by other people. The assignment is a great way for students to identify themselves and their writing techniques. The assignment will prepare them for later studies in writing and will allow them to explore other forms of writing. I believe blogging is a new standard of teaching as well as learning for the students and will prepare them for more advanced classes they can consider in the future.

I did enjoy the poem titled Snow by Chelsey S., because it reminded me of how I have always wanted to play in the snow, but never could because I am from the south. My comment included how I enjoyed the poem and I also pointed out the structure of the poem. My feed back did include a sentence of exposition but not to the extent of criticism. I did explain in detail why I felt a certain line or two should have included different information but the overall feed back was constructive.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it AMAZING how technology can connect us to societies and cultures across the world? I agree with you about blogging being a new standard for teachers, though I'm not completely enjoying or understanding everything we are doing right now (lol).

    As far as the snow poem goes, did you get to play in the snow this past Friday? I'm sure that connected you to that poem even more.

    ReplyDelete